The objective of the programme was to identify cost-effective water efficiency opportunities. Initially, water audits were undertaken at the UK outlets, but the delivery of savings soon led to a full water audit programme across the European Designer Outlets.
The water audits were comprehensive and included the following:
- Current and historical water consumption analysis
- Tariff assessment—water, sewerage & surface water
- Survey of water consumption metering, pipework distribution and utilisation
- Audit of water & identification of anomalies
- Water monitoring using non-intrusive doppler meters
Recommendations were reported as; No cost, tariff and operational improvements; Low cost, fast track, water saving (paybacks less than 2 years) and Longer term capital investment measures (paybacks greater than 2 years).